Action, fun, relaxation and recreation
Wonderful winter holidays
In the Stubaital valley there are numerous natural toboggan runs that guarantee great winter fun. Toboggans can be rented everywhere. You can get to the top of the run by foot or you can take the lift or a taxi. It’s up to you. A special kick: night tobogganing e.g. at the Hochserles lifts or the Elfer mountain.
60km of cross-country skiing tracks
half of them are high-alpine tracks where snow is guaranteed.
- With the new Hochserles 8-person gondola you easily reach the high-alpine hiking area at an altitude of 1,480m - 1,770m.
- The high-alpine track on the Schlick 2000 takes you through wonderful larch and fir forests.
- The high-alpine track at the Stubaier glacier has a length of 4,5km and 60m difference in altitude and can be reached easily with the Gamsgarten gondola.
The entrance to the track down in the valley is only 50m from the Donnerhof. Run along the Ruetzbach river, then further on to the Himmelreich track or the one to Neustift. We offer special taster courses for beginners.
Hiking / Snow shoe hiking
Many kilometres of cleared winter hiking trails lead through the valley. They are ideal for hikes through snow-covered meadows and forests. Snow-covered fields glisten in the sun like diamonds.
You will forget about the dull daily routine.
SNOW SHOE HIKES through unspoilt nature with stops at huts are a unique experience (rentals are in town – guided hikes can also be booked).
Action and fun in the Stubaital valley ...
- Ski mountaineering in the Kalkkögel - a truly unforgettable experience.
- Winter paragliding - starting place on the Schlick 2000 and at the Elfer. Tandem flights possible as well.
- Ice climbing or guided glacier crevasse tours at the Stubaier glacier. Experienced mountain guides show you the most interesting routes. Taster tours upon request.
- Ski mountaineering equipment like skis, climbing skins, avalanche beeper, crampons, etc. can be rented.